Fall is officially here and I welcomed it with the only kind of muffin top I’m proud of.
Since it is time for baking all things pumpkin, I’m excited to share this recipe that is a favorite in our home.
1+1/3 cup pumpkin puree
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup honey
2 cups coconut flour (my favorite is Nutiva)
1/4 cup pumpkin pie spice
1+1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
chocolate/cacao chips (as desired)
• Preheat oven to 350º
• Line baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.
• In mixer – blend eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and honey until combined.
• Add in coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
• Mix until incorporated, then add coconut oil and mix again.
• Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
• Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out dough, flatten top and flip onto prepared sheet.
• Shape as needed and repeat with remaining dough.
(These won’t spread, they stay true to the unbaked size)
• Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
• Remove from oven and cool on rack.
* Note, this recipe makes a lot. I’ve edited it to make this many because they freeze great and are perfect to pull out in the morning and throw in the boys’ lunches. You can easily divide it to make smaller batches.